Health Exam Instructions (Form C) for Incoming One Semester Exchange Students
- To protect your health and to meet NCCU regulations as well as the requirements set by the Taiwanese government, all new exchange students must complete the examinations listed in Form C and subsequently submit the form to their coordinator at NCCU within one month of the start of the semester (by Oct. 11 2017). Form C lists the medical examination requirements for students who are applying for short-term studies in Taiwan. Any student who fails to provide Form C within the aforementioned time limit will be reported to their department/program, and to the NCCU student housing section (that is, in case the student is residing in one of NCCU’s dormitories).
- You can complete the health exam (Form C) in one of the following 3 ways：
- Do it in your home country.
- Do it in NCCU: In case you are unable to do the health check in your home country, you can take the exam on the NCCU health examination day (September 2) once you have arrived in Taiwan.
- Do it at one of the specified local clinics in Taiwan.
- 在政大檢查 (健檢日: 106年9月2日)
- Do it in your home country在當地醫療院所檢查：
- Providing Immunization Certificates or Proof of a Positive Test Result for Antibodies:
It is essential that you provide all relevant information, such as, the name of the vaccine, the date of the immunization, the name of the hospital or clinic, the signature of the physician administering the vaccine, and the signature of the physician filling in Form C. If the student does not have measles or rubella antibodies, it is required to have at least one dose of MMR immunization in order to pass the medical examination. (The document is acceptable as long as the vaccines were given at an age no younger than 1 year old.)
Both measles and rubella are required. If you’ve only received either one vaccine, you must have the respective other vaccination done on the NCCU health examination day (please also note that vaccinations given in the past are only valid if received at an age no younger than 1 year old).
- Chest X-ray for Tuberculosis:
You should complete this specific part of the examination process within three months (one month is recommended) before entering Taiwan. In order to pass this health item, your physician simply has to fill in the required information in the corresponding section of your Form C. That is to say, we DO NOT need nor accept X-ray films or digitalized versions on CDs.
- Do it in NCCU在校檢查：
- Time體檢時間 ： September 2, 2017 (Saturday) 13:30~16:30
- Venue體檢地點： Room 140104、140105, Information Building 1st floor
- Fee 收費： Pay cash on the spot (Items and fees as follows)
- Important Notice注意事項:
- You may only complete one of the exam items at NCCU in case the other item has already been taken care of by a medical facility in your home country.
- Please bring your passport and a copy of it to the examination.
- Please wear loose and comfortable clothing during the health exam.
- After the examination, Form C will be handed back to you, while the NCCU student health center will keep a copy for its records.
II.Do it at one of the specified local clinics in Taiwan自行至指定醫療院所完成:
If students have not completed the health check (Form C) in their respective home countries or on health examination day, they should do the examination at:
Fee: NT$200-500 for each test (Measles or Rubella). If the result of any item is negative, students need to receive MMR vaccination at their own expenses.
Additionally, there is a NT$ 350-500 fee for the required Chest X-Ray examination.
- NCCU contracted Chi Hsin Clinic
Examination time: September 12 (Tuesday.) and September 14 (Thursday).
Registration time: 13:00-16:30
Address: 4th Floor, No.42, Jianguo North Road, Taipei City.